Independent Course Study
Doctoral students, who have received approval from the doctoral program director for an independent course of study, must submit an Independent Study Approval Form and a course syllabus to the registrar during the applicable registration period.
Independent Study Approval Process
1) Student obtains approval to pursue Independent Study from Doctoral Program Director.
2) Student obtains approval from selected instructor for course.
3) Student creates an official syllabus for course, with selected instructor.
4) Student submits completed Independent Study Approval Form and course syllabus to Academic Dean for approval.
5) Student submits completed Independent Study Approval Form and course syllabus to Registrar during the applicable registration period.