The Institute for the Psychological Sciences is proud to count among our students representatives of various countries from all over the world who have and are greatly enriching our program.
If you’re an international student interested in studying at IPS, you’ll need to obtain a student F-1 VISA (unless you’re authorized to be in the United States under another type of VISA).
To apply for an F-1 VISA, you’ll need an I-20 form which IPS will create after you’ve been accepted.
As an International student you’ll also need to furnish proof that you’ve paid the SEVIS I-901 fee associated with the I-20. Information on this fee may be found at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/index.htm.
The Student Visa application process also requires that you visit your local U.S. consulate for a required interview. The following are required at the interview:
- Signed Form I-20 from IPS (be sure to sign your portion in blue ink);
- Evidence that the SEVIS I-901 fee has been paid;
- A signed passport, valid for at least six months after the date of entry into the United States;
- A Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application with photo;
- A Form DS-157A, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application;
- A Form DS-158A, Contact Information and Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant;
- Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions;
- Scores from standardized tests, such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, and GMAT;
- Financial evidence of sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for at least the first year of study.
For more information please contact: