Letter from the President
Welcome to the Institute for the Psychological Sciences!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and learn more about the dynamic programs we have here both onsite here in Arlington, VA and online. I am always inspired by the commitment our students, faculty and alumni have to the mission of IPS, and hope you are able to glimpse a bit of the incredible team we have here from the information, resources and testimonials on our site.
Building a program which integrates the science of psychology with the Catholic-Christian vision of the person is a challenging task, yet IPS has made remarkable progress in only 15 years:
- Our past and current students have come from over 30 states as well as 13 other countries.
- Our 160 alumni are serving in many parts of our nation and abroad, building Catholic psychology practices.
- Our efforts have been recognized by Pope Benedict XVI (then Cardinal Ratzinger) and Pope John Paul II, among many other distinguished intellectuals of our day.
- In 2014, we expanded by introducing our first fully online Master’s degree, an M.S. in Psychology, designed for working professionals and those in pastoral ministry.
- We are also proud to enter our second decade with no debt and a growing number of supporters.
Maintaining the highest educational standards, we are continuing to explore other ways to transform culture and make the practice of an integrated psychology a prominent reality: collaborating with bishops and Catholic communities worldwide, designing more online programs, and preparing a groundbreaking textbook of case studies that will demonstrate the difference our vision makes in concrete therapeutic practice.
I invite you to join us as we look forward to an exciting time in the field of psychology. Pursue your vocation to heal (or helping others pursue theirs), and transform our culture. Please come and visit us sometime or join our online community!
Fr. Charles Sikorsky, L.C., J.D., J.C.L.
To read Fr. Sikorsky’s bio, click here.