Financing your education
How to Apply
Planning early and exploring all your options are keys to financing your education. The more you know about how financial aid works, the better prepared you’ll be to fund your studies at IPS. To investigate the types of aid available, and contact Jeff Elliott at 703-416-1441 x121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the steps below and submit all materials by March 1st for the following year:
Step 1: Submit your FAFSA to IPS, school code G38724
See www.fafsa.ed.gov for step-by-step submission instructions.
- Gather all necessary documents (i.e., social security number, tax returns, W-2 forms, driver’s license, bank statements and other financial and citizenship records);
- Get a PIN (instructions at www.pin.ed.gov);
- Click on the Web Worksheet, located under step one or step two, on the left side of the web page. Be sure to enter the IPS school code, G38724, in Section 5.
- If you are interested in Federal Loans and/or Work-Study, indicate this in question #26.
- To receive twitter feeds updating you on Federal Financial Aid: https://twitter.com/FAFSA.
Step 2: Complete the IPS Application for Institutional Aid
- Located in your application for admission or here
- Be sure to fill in all the blanks and respond to the essay.
International students: fill out the International Aid Application.
“Paying for IPS is very doable: you can find good housing opportunities with classmates; buy used books from other students; find jobs on Craigslist – there are lots of options.”
MS-Plus Student, Illinois